Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bubble Bread

Mima (my grandmother) has a wonderful recipe for Bubble Bread, which is like a really delicious homemade cinnamon roll. So, this morning she came over with the fix'ins and she showed me and Samuel how to make it. After we put it together, you are supposed to let the rolls rise overnight. So, our plan was to have them rise all day, so that I could bake it tonight and it would be ready for dessert. When we got home for the day, the rolls had risen to the top of the pan and it looked ready to bake. Samuel and I couldn't wait to taste it, so I quickly preheated the oven and a few minutes later I put the risen rolls in the oven. I accidentally forgot to take the oven off of preheat when I put the rolls in, and I also didn't realize that I needed to lower the oven rack. So, several minutes later, Kyle told me that he thought something was burning. I assured him that everything was fine, and that it was just some of his pizza that had fallen to the bottom of the oven. But just in case, I went ahead and peaked in the oven door to find my Bubble Bread on FIRE! I wasn't sure what to do, my first thought was "Don't blow on it or everything will explode, or is that just gas ovens...I don't know (panicking)" Kyle runs over and blows it out, and Samuel looks at it and says, "Mommy, I don't want to eat it anymore." "You don't have to sweetie," I said. But, I knew that after our work this morning and our anticipation all day, I was going to eat that Bubble Bread. So, I cut off the charred tops of the rolls, lowered the oven rack, and put it back in the oven, making sure that it was on "Bake." And roughly 20 minutes later, I had a warm, very rich and delicious treat ready for me to eat. After Kyle and Samuel saw me start to enjoy my piece, they each wanted to try it, and then we all wanted seconds! Doesn't it look...delicious! :)

1 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

So where can I get this recipe? We love cinnamon rolls! I would have eaten them too...